Tips For Home Security Protect Yourself Preserve Your Assets
Whilst it is impossible to fully protect yourself from burglars, most crimes are committed by amateurs. We can help to prevent them taking place by following simple steps.
- Always leave every window and door locked.
- Always activate alarm before leaving home.
- Always keep access and security codes secure from guest or visitors.
- Always have locks changed if keys are lost or misplaced.
Tips to stay safe for Elderly People
According to the Home Office, the elderly are no more at risk from crime than any other section of society. But if you feel vulnerable, follow these top tips to keep safe.
Keep your possessions safe by securing your home. You may be entitled to help towards paying for security improvements from your local council. Check with the housing department about these payments
Don't keep large amounts of money in your home. Keep it in a bank or building society where it is much safer.
Get to know your neighbours, as it will be helpful to both of you if you get to know each other's routines. Why not join or set up a local.
Make sure you have good exterior lighting on your home. Call the council and let them know if streetlights have burnt out on your road.
It is especially important not to let strangers into your home. Fit a door chain and viewer, and remember:
- Never give out personal details such as credit card information to strangers who come to your door or call you
- Never let a maintenance or service man who has just turned up at your door into your home
- Always check ID of maintenance men that you are expecting. You can check these details with their employer before you let them in. Some may use a pre-arranged password system to protect vulnerable people but if you are ever in doubt – ask them to come back when someone else is with you.
Call Us Today for a FREE Help & Advice or FREE Quote on 0208 090 7485 or simple fill in the contact form below and we will call you back.
Trusted by our customers
DTS London are the leading domestic and commercial security solutions providers.
The wifi is working great. The service has been excellent…
Matt and Ash are two friendly, efficient and tidy guys.…